Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work more efficiently as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Some examples of cookie usage are:
- Storing information to personalise the website to your requirements.
- A website that sells things may use a cookie to record items you have in a shopping basket.
- Cookies can be used to record users behaviour on a website, for example to record the pages they have viewed.
There are two types of cookie that can be placed in your browser by a website:
- Session cookies are only used for the period you use the website, and are deleted when you close your web browser. A new cookie would then be placed in your web browser if you were to visit the same website again in the future.
- Persistent cookies remain in your browser once you have left the site and closed your web browser. The next time you visit the site the information in the cookie will be used to ensure the website works as set up at the previous visit, for example to display certain things on the homepage. Persistent cookies will expire if the website that set them is not visitied again within a certain time.
Cookies on this website
We use a Google Analytics cookie on our website to record website usage. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone, we do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website, and we do not share this information with anyone.
7 September 2018
Click here to read our latest reviews from our service users.
Read full story >>
Reviews provided by Working Feedback
13 October 2017
Committing to Putting their action in to working culture with BS Care changing perceptions
Read full story >>